Board Member Menu
Training and Education
The Maritime Provinces Water and Wastewater Association (MPWWA) will annually handout two bursaries in the amount of $1000 each. These bursaries will be handed out to a student who resides in one of the four provinces we represent. Since the Maritime Provinces Water and Wastewater Association is a training provider, we want to provide financial assistance to those who are furthering their education.
In order to qualify for this bursary you must meet all the conditions listed below:
- Be a member of the MPWWA or have a parent, grandparent or guardian who is a member in good standing of the MPWWA.
- Must be enrolled in a degree, diploma or certificate program at a recognized post-secondary educational institution.
- Bursaries awarded must be used in a program which starts or continues in the year awarded.
- A completed application form (download PDF here) including a submission in written form of a short essay indicating who you are, what you are planning on taking, and where and what you hope to see as your future shall be submitted to the Bursary Committee.
- Winners of the MPWWA Educational Bursary will be decided by the Educational Bursary Committee. Their decision will be final.
- Winners will have their picture published in the MPWWR which is a newspaper available quarterly and where possible their local newspaper.
- Cheque will be made payable to the winner of the bursary plus the educational institution they have chosen. The cheque will be sent to the winner’s school.
Mail Submissions to:
c/o Bursary Committee
PO Box 28142
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Complete the Online Application HERE.